Charged With Possession of LSD, Mushrooms, Ecstasy, Marijuana, Xanax, Cocaine or Another Drug in Holmdel New Jersey
Contact Our Holmdel Office To Speak To A Skilled Former Prosecutor
There are many possibilities in terms of controlled dangerous substance (“CDS”) when it comes to a drug possession offense in Holmdel New Jersey. While there are hundreds of marijuana possession charges filed every year, the Holmdel Police and State Police have occasion to issue more serious CDS cases involving cocaine, LSD, mushrooms, Ecstasy, Xanax and other drugs as well. Whether you are facing a disorderly persons offense in Holmdel Municipal Court or a fourth degree, third degree or second degree crime at the Monmouth Superior Court, you must consult an accomplished defense attorney as soon as possible. A Holmdel NJ drug possession conviction results in significant fines and the possibility of incarceration so you cannot afford to waste time to speak to a skilled criminal lawyer.
The attorneys at the Law Offices of Jonathan F. Marshall include several former county and municipal prosecutors, even one who has served in Holmdel. We also have more than 100 years of collective experience defending drug possession cases in Holmdel and the rest of Monmouth County. We are definitely equipped to provide the level of representation needed to ensure you reach the best outcome. To speak to one of our lawyers immediately, contact Jonathan Marshall’s Office in Holmdel. An attorney is ready to provide a free consultation at 732-737-8487.
Drug Possession Offense in Holmdel Township New Jersey
The vast majority of possession offenses arise out of N.J.S.A. 2C:35-10. including those involving cocaine, heroin, LSD, MDMA/Molly/Ecstasy, mushrooms and even marijuana. When the form of CDS is a prescription legend drug, the applicable possession law is N.J.S.A. 2C:35-10.5. It is important to keep in mind that what we are referring to here is knowing possession of drugs for personal use as opposed to distribution, sale or intent to distribute. An individual is subject to the following ramifications under 2C:35-10 and 2C:35-10.5 for personal possession of CDS:
- Third Degree Crime. It is a third degree crime to be in direct/actual or constructive possession of heroin, cocaine, LSD, mushrooms, MDMA/Molly/Ecstasy or methamphetamine. A conviction for possessing drugs in the third degree include a fine of up to $35,000 and 3-5 years in prison.
- Fourth Degree Crime. It is a fourth degree crime to possession over 50 grams of marijuana, over 5 grams of hashish, over 4 dosage units of Oxycodone, Hydrocodone, Percocet, Valium, Vicodin or another prescription drug or a Schedule V CDS. The penalties for a fourth degree crime for possessing drugs include a fine of $15,000 (marijuana $25,000) and up to 18 months in jail.
- Disorderly Persons Offense. It is a disorderly persons offense to possess 50 grams or less of marijuana, 5 grams or less of hashish or 4 or fewer dosage units of suboxone, adderall, xanax or another prescription drug. The penalties for this charge include up to 6 months in the Monmouth County Jail and a fine that can reach $1,000.
- Mandatory Driver’s License Suspension. In addition to the aforesaid penalties, an individual convicted of possession of CDS is subject to a driver’s license suspension of 6-24 months whether a motor vehicle was involved in the offense or not.
- Diversion Programs. There are several programs available to obtain relief from these penalties including Pretrial Intervention, Conditional Discharge and Drug Court.
Holmdel CDS Possession Defense Lawyer
A savvy defense lawyer is precisely what you need if you have been charged with CDS possession in Homdel New Jersey. The team at the Law Offices of Jonathan F. Marshall is comprised for veteran criminal lawyers that have been handling Holmdel possession charges for decades. An attorney is available to speak to you around the clock and the consultation is free. Contact the Holmdel NJ Criminal Office of Jonathan F. Marshall at 732-737-8487 to speak to one of our attorneys immediately.
Related Holmdel Legal Pages & Posts
Cocaine Possession Lawyer in Holmdel New Jersey